1. Political Framework
Morocco is an Islamic and sovereign state defines as constitutional, democratic, parliamentary and social monarchy. The king, Mohamed VI, has embarked in a complex and significant process of political and institutional reforms with interesting projects to future. On July 1 2011, a new constitutional text was approved by referendum by almost 98% of the votes and a participation of 73%, in this document stands out the separation of power and the reinforcement of the democratic institutions.
- The Department of Economy and Finance, directed by M. Mohamed Boussaid (RNI), has been the secretary in previous governments of public administration and of tourism and crafts and the director in estate.
- The representative secretary of the budget, Idriss Azami Al Idrissi (PJD), is in charge of the elaboration of the budget, though the ownership of the fund of the same one and of the Law of Finance assumes essentially to the Secretary of the Treasury and Finance.
- The representative secretary of a General Matters and Governance, Mohamed El Oufa, previous member of the Istiqlal, today independent. From the economic point of view, his essential role is to possess the Secretariat of the National Committee for the business climate presided by the president.
- The secretary of Industry, Investments and of the numerical economy, Moulay Hafid Elalamy (RNI). Proceeding from the private sector, he was the president of the management Moroccan CGEM between 2006 and 2009. His the person in charge of the industrial politics, IED’S attraction (On him depends de AMDIE, Moroccan Agency for the development of the investments and of the exports, ex-AMDI), trade and telecommunications.
- The secretary of Energy, Mines, Water and Environment, position who occupies Abdelkader Aâmara (PJD), the previous secretary of industry. This department has two representative secretaries, Hakima El Haiti (MP), taken charge of the environment and Charafat Afilal (PPS), taken charge of the water.
- The secretary of Equipment and Transport, Aziz Rabbah (PJD). His importance takes root in the weight of the public investment (roads, ports, railroad) and the management of the politics of transport.
- The secretary of Agriculture and Fishing, which ownership continues being of Aziz Akhannouch (previous RNI, today independent) that implements the Plan Maroc Vert across the Agency of Agricultural Development (ADA) and the plan of fishing Haleutis. It takes special importance as the incident of the European Agreements in agrarian matter and fishing, and for being the principal agricultural sector of the Spain IED.
- The secreaty of Tourism, Lahced Haddad (MP), againf one of the sectors with major incident in the Spanish IED, and where important strategies of development place across the Plan Vision 2020. It is necessary to stand out besides the fact that Spain is the second issuer of tourist to Morocco, after France.
- Others: The Secretary of the Housing and Policy of Cities, Nabil Benabdellah (PPS) and that of Urbanism and territory, Driss Merroum (MP).
3. Economic Policy
Between the priorities of the project of the Law of Budgets they appear:
- The acceleration of the structural transformation of the national economy, emphasizing in the industrialization and the export, strengthening of the competitiveness of the national economy and the promotion of the private investment.
- The qualification of the human capital and the reduction of the social and spatial disparities, the consolidation of the mechanisms of the institutional governance and the improvement of the macroeconomic balance.
- Continue with the sectorial plans of development, as the new strategy of Industrial Acceleration of Morocco (2014-2020), which has like big objective, on the onehand, increases the weight of the industrial sector in the Moroccan GDP from 14% to 23%. On the other hand, create 500.000 positions of sustainable employment for the year 2020.
- His level of relative development, which still allows strong earnings of productivity, his strategic position from the geographical point of view towards Europe and towards Africa, joined to the political stability and a not restrictive regulation, the allow to turn Morocco into an attractive economy for the foreign capital.